Thursday, February 6, 2014

Here we are. Reality. Real life.

Were married!! Ok so its been a month tomorrow and holy cow where has time gone?! I love this. I love being his wife and I love how much he loves me.  But it's real life now and sadly I see things I fail at when it comes to being a "wife". Please tell me these things will come with time or that it's ok to not know "how to". First thing is I can't get this whole having dinner prepared thing  in line. And to be completely honest, I have no clue how to grocery shop. Yup, I said it. Where do you even begin with that? I always went with my mom as a child but she had a routine and it was the same thing every time. With the exception of me talking her into junk food, but that's besides the point. So here I am walking the aisles at the grocery store (Walmart, first mistake) and I have in my hand a list of things I need for this recipe I plan on fixing.  What do you know I have no clue where anything is. Mom to the rescue! Thanks to her I was able to successfully grocery shop.

Good thing I have a very patient husband! He encourages me every time I "fail", that with time I'll get what being a wife is all about. By the way, the meal I prepared that night was on point! I didn't even have leftovers for work the next day! So I'm getting it. Slowly.

My point here is perfection isn't in us. It's real life and I'm human. We can sit back and laugh about this in years to come and have stories to tell our children like "hey honey remember that time you were in the grocery store for an hour looking for ranch BEANS in the "salad dressing" section!"

I hope you enjoy reading through our journey. Don't mind my run on sentences and random moments of ADD. After all, this is REAL life.

Pearls, Glitter & Grace

2 comments:

  1. Girl it will all come with time! My first meal I prepared as a wife should have been simple. My hubby wanted burgers and homemade fries. I cooked fries for over an hour and they were still never done. But just like yours, my hubby loved me through it. He suffered through those half raw potatoes and other dishes over the years. Being a wife isn't always easy and no its not something you just know. Its something you learn. Grow in grace beautiful lady. It will all come in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon you will have your very own family favorite recipes to hand down to generations to come. Even after 30 years of marriage some of my experimental dinners are fails...we love and laugh about some of them! Enjoy the journey...it's not a race. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete